Start browsing this site with some of our most popular articles!
Thank you for reading 40+Style! An online magazine and blog that aims to give you style inspiration, guidance on how to dress and lots of ideas on what to buy to look and feel great after 40. This page will get you started as I have listed some of the most popular articles of the last year.
How to dress after 40
This is one of our most popular topics and top articles include:
- Dressing for your body type: how to determine body shape
- How to dress for the pear, apple, rectangle, hourglass, inverted triangle body type
- How to dress when you are petite, tall, curvy
- How to determine your vertical body type
- I now offer a complete style course, complete with e-book, which is the best way to take your style to the next level. Get instant acces here.
I have written several ‘how to’ articles, which many readers love:
- How to dress after 40 and still look hip
- How to dress over 40, my top 10 tips
- What is the perfect skirt length over 40
- How to wear a short dress after 40
- How to wear jeans over 40
- How to dress when you have a large bust
- How to wear leggings
- How to wear tights
- How to wear capris and cropped pants and more in should you wear capris
- How to cover up your upper arms
- How to dress for a job interview
- How to wear scarves in different ways
- How to wear flat shoes
- How to dress when you are the mother of the bride
I like to start discussions as well and these articles got people talking:
- Shapewear: Do women over 40 need it? (30 comments)
- What kind of clothes do women over 40 want: the ultimate wish list (43 comments)
- Can you wear red lipstick after 40? (35 comments)
- How important is the opinion of others when it comes to your clothes? (22 comments)
- Pretty nails. How much effort do you put into them? (31 comments)
- Do you have a problem wearing synthetic fabrics like polyester or is it just me? (31 comments)
- Madonna and me and how we are supposed to age (40 comments)
- How to improve your posture (37 comments)
- My 10 Steps to a More Stylish you course (100s of comments)
What is style and how can you get it? These articles will get you started:
- 10 Steps to a More Stylish you; e-book and online course
- How do you define style?
- How to find you style in 10 steps
- Understanding the different styles
- How to discover your style statement
- 15 steps to acquiring style if you are not born with it
I also like to feature other style bloggers who have expertise in a certain area of style in my popular style lessons series:
- How to wear colour in abundance with Catherine
- How to dress for the curvy body with Georgette
- How to get body confidence with Heather
- How to be creative with your outfits with Melanie
- How to wear scarves with Anne
- How to dress on a budget with Mongs
- How to dress like a true individual with Bella
Style books I have featured or check out a list of great style books to own:
You can also check out all the numerous outfits I wore, which are always popular among readers!
Fashion articles are time- and season sensitive. But for all my recommendations and features be sure the check out the fashion and how to buy sections. My trend reports are always very popular:
Beauty and health
Although the focus of this site is on style and fashion, I occasionally also write about beauty and health issues. Below are some popular articles in this section:
- How much should I weigh for my age
- How to lose weight and stay healthy, my new insights
- 7 useful tips to get the best hairstyle over 40
- Suzanne may just have found the secret to looking amazing and youthful after 40
- Both me and my husband also provide tips on how to maintain or lose weight the healthy way and losing weight without diets.
- I tested the popular brazilian blowout keratin straightening and readers from Singapore can get a huge discount.
- I also reviewed lipsticks from Bobbi Brown and 3 different BB creams
These are just a few of the hundreds of articles at 40+ Style. Enjoy! Don’t forget, I always love reading your feedback!