Here is a list of some of the best online shops for women over 40 to buy fabulous fashion, shoes, jewelry and beauty products online. Many offer free shipping and free returns, but always check store conditions before ordering. Happy shopping!
If you like to improve your style and want to make sure you are buying the right clothes, I highly recommend 40+Style’s style course.
- Nordstrom: One of the most popular shops for 40+ women offering a wide variety of excellent clothing and a great selection of both affordable and designer brands
- JCrew: lots of good basics
- Banana Republic: a good mix of basics and fashionable clothes both for the office and casual
- Ann Taylor: lots of clothes for the workplace and casual pursuits
- Anthropology: beautiful clothes with a more colorful and artistic vibe
- Asos: Very trendy clothing that is often very affordable. Although the focus is more on young women, there is still plenty for us as well.
- Mango: Very affordable and modern clothing with a young and hip vibe
- Shopbop: a great online shop that delivers worldwide. Many of the major brands are represented here.
- Net-a-Porter: very chic online fashion store with lots of designer labels
- Farfetch: fabulous shop that curates top brands from boutiques around the world
- Saks Fifth Avenue: large clothing selection from a large number of designers
- Macy’s: lots of beautiful fashion from the US
- Club Monacco: chic and sporty clothing for the sophisticated woman
- Amazon: has a wide range of clothing, shoes and bags and many different brands (and well-known) brands
Clothing targeting women over 40
- Eileen Fisher: flattering and comfortable clothing with great silhouettes in top quality fabrics.
- Stella Carakasi: a great selection of casual chic original clothes that will flatter many women over 40. Enter the coupon code 40PLUS15 for an extra 15% off all orders and receive free shipping in the US! One use per customer.
- Not Your Daughters Jeans: some of the best jeans and pants for 40+ women
- Chico’s: a wide selection of clothes in a variety of styles
- Loft: although this shop does not specifically target 40+ women, it’s frequently mentioned as a favorite store in the 40+Style community
Clothing targeting Plus Size women
- Eileen Fisher Plus: a great selection of clothes for plus-size women
- Nordstrom: a very extensive collection for plus size women!
- Asos Curve: the same trendy fashion but in larger sizes
- Evans: specializes in clothing for bigger sizes
I created a special page for shops for plus size women here with many more shops and brands.
High end designers
- The Outnet: Get high profile brands like Valentino at greatly discounted prices
- Gucci: One of the most luxurious fashion brands has its own online store
- Michael Kors: online store of this American designer with lots of great clothes, shoes and accessories. Many surprisingly affordable.
- Armani: designs one of the most elegant clothing, perfect for women over 40! Through his various brands he offers clothing for every budget.
- Tory Burch: this online store stocks a huge variety of dresses and skirts and the perfect knee height length. Also has fabulous bags and shoes.
Best shops in England
- Cath Kidston
- Dorothy Perkins
- Dune London
- French Connection
- John Lewis
- Jones the Bootmaker
- Kurt Geiger
- Marks & Spencer
- Modern Citizen
- Phase Eight
- The White Company
Best shops in mainland Europe
Best shops in Australia
- Warby Parker: affordable glasses that you can first try out at home. Take their quiz and get your glasses frames free for you to try.
- Another store to consider is EyeBuyDirect. A large selection of prescription glasses and sunglasses at affordable prices.
- Adidas: I absolute love Stella McCartney’s line of sportswear for Adidas
- Danskin: beautiful training, dance and yoga wear
Shoes and bags
- Zappos: one of the best shoe stores on the web. They stock a lot of shoes with arch support too. Visit this page to see recommendations from readers for the best arch support shoes.
- Nordstrom: large variety of shoes from brands like Ecco, Calvin Klein, Clarks, Nine West and Anne Klein.
- Aldo: lots of shoe designs from the brand. From flats, heels, sneakers and boots.
Jewellery and Accessories
- One of the best sources for original jewelry is Etsy. I have a list with some of the best Etsy shops for contemporary jewelry here.
- For more ideas for jewelry I’m maintaining a list of the best online stores for statement jewelry here.
- Chico’s: a great range of affordable jewelry
Beauty & Health
- Dermstore: one of my favorite online beauty stores. Great for cosmoceutical brands like Skinceuticals.
- StrawberryNet: a great site for all major beauty brands, both makeup, skincare and perfumes. They offer free shipping worldwide!
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics: My cosmetics of choice for makeup, BB cream and lipstick.
- LifeExtension: the best online shop for supplements and vitamins
My favorite products
You can find all my favorite products in our own 40+Style Shop!
Like this post on the best shops for women over 40? Share it on Pinterest!
Purchasing actions from these links may result in affiliate comission for 40+Style