About 40+ Style
40+Style offers style ideas, how to dress and beauty information for women over 40.
Our mission is to show you that you can look gorgeous and experiment with styles and fashion at any age. It’s all about having fun with style and fashion! Too often we get too worried about our wrinkled face, heavier bodies or loosening skin. Having fun with hair and makeup, fashion and new styles can help to make you look better, but also feel more confident and happy.
Looking good and being stylish is not so much about money, the figure you have or how old you are. It’s about dressing to your strengths, knowing your body type, and knowing and embracing your unique style.
If you like to kickstart your style you may like to take our comprehensive Style Course.
To start browsing the hundreds of articles, you may like to check out our special getting started at 40+Style page.
We believe that if you have fun with style and fashion and feel good about yourself and the way you look, you will feel great and so much happier!
If you like to know more then you can read Sylvia’s article: why I setup 40PlusStyle.com.
A little bit more about Sylvia van de Logt, founder and editor in chief of 40+Style
Sylvia is the creator of 40+Style and the writer of most articles. She is also a keen photographer and you will find many of her pictures on this site too.
She is currently 48 years old and lives in Singapore. Although originally from The Netherlands, she has lived all over the world: Italy, South Africa, England, Japan, China and Australia. Sylvia has studied both international marketing, fashion styling and colour and has worked in various professional roles related to fashion.
40+ Style is her passion project and now her full-time job.
It is her current mission to inspire as many 40+ women as possible around the world and help them look and feel beautiful both inside and out.
Contributor: Denton Taylor
Denton resides in New York and takes photographs of fabulous 40+ ladies for 40+Style on the streets of New York as well as at events in the area.
He has many years experience photographing for demanding clients in New York City. For more information and contact details check out his website.
If you have an event in New York City which you would like Denton to attend to take images for a possible feature at 40+Style, then please send us a request through our contact page.
Contributor: Kelly Bilimoria
Makeup Artist, Kelly Bilimoria, contributes articles on makeup and personal grooming to 40+Style.
Recognized for her expertise in HD Makeup, various Makeup techniques such as Airbrushing, SFX & Body Painting together with her on set vibrancy. She has worked and trained in Singapore, London, Sydney, Moscow, Penang & Dubai. You can find out more about Kelly here.
Contributor: Cynthia Bowman
40+ Style contributor Cynthia Bowman is a former fashion stylist and current zen fashionista blogging about looking stylish while traveling with 2 kids, a dog and husband in tow.
She currently lives in San Sebastian, Spain.
She contributes articles on style and dressing to 40+Style.
Delilah is the plus size fashion blogger behind Pumps & Studz.
Lover of black & white, hats, and all things sparkly.
She contributes articles especially for plus size women to 40+style.
Contributor: Claire Vukcevic
Claire Vukcevic is a mother of 2 who is passionate about fragrances and how it relates to style.
She contributes articles on fragrance, style and dressing to 40+Style. She currently lives in Ireland.
How can you be a part of 40+Style?
- We absolutely LOVE comments on articles. Let us know what you think!
- You can also ask any questions you may have at our style forum.
- Subscribe to the RSS feed so you get updated automatically when we post something new.
- Like 40+Style on Facebook to join daily conversation or follow 40+Style on Twitter.
- Follow 40+Style at Pinterest
- Follow 40+Style on Instagram
- Let us know if you feature 40+Style and you will be added you to our press page
- Any questions relating to style should be asked in the style forum. If you like to get featured please see our advertising page. For guest posting read our guest post guidelines. If you have any other enquiries, then please fill in the contact form or email sylvia [at] 40plusstyle.com
- For a free current trends report, weekly site updates, special offers, tips and a weekly personal note from Sylvia herself, subscribe to the newsletter by entering the form below.