As I live in a sunny climate where colors are abundant, I was quite shocked of how drab and somber everything looked on the streets of Europe. There was hardly any color to be found on the streets, where everyone seemed to wear boring coats in dark colors. Black was the norm with the occasional brown and grey.
Now, I do realise that black can be practical as an overcoat but it really does nothing to lift the often somber winter mood and most people, especially women over 40, look much better with a bit more color. So I think that everyone living in colder climates should invest in a colorful coat. If it doesn’t lift your own spirits, then at least the street will look a lot brighter and sunnier and you will make other people happier!
I did a bit of searching and found lots of colorful winter coats. Many of which are now on sale.
Winter coats with fun patterns (see picture above)
- This Desigual Coat with Long Sleeve Tweed Embroidered Plaid looks very stylish
- This Block-color wool-blend bouclé coat from Bottega Veneta is currently on sale. Still very pricy, but oh so gorgeous.
- You will definitely make a statement with this Desigual Coast Posthuman women
Bring on the orange! – premium coats
Tangerine Tango, a variation of orange, has been chosen by Pantene as the 2012 color of the year and a fabulous coat is an excellent way to add some orange to your wardrobe. Here are some wonderful coats from premium brands, but I’m sure we will see more (affordable) orange coats in the coming season as well.
- This crepe wool coot from Marni is on sale at the moment
- Also on sale this Alberta Ferretti double breasted wool coat
- Also nice is this Tibi boucle cotton-blend coat
- This fun Burberry Brit Burnt Orange Short Trench Coat would be a great addition to your wardrobe as well
All colors – affordable coats (all on sale!)
This time of year is a great time to buy a colorful coat. You still get a lot of wear out of your coat this year and since most coats are now on sale, prices are very affordable. These colorful fun coats from Asos will be a great addition to your wardrobe.
- 1. This red ASOS Coat With Fold Over Funnel Collar is sweet!
- I’m also loving this bright cobalt blue Curve Exclusive Pleated Swing Coat
- And you will really stand out with this turquoise A-line coat with buttons
- This green coat with buttons is gorgeous as well!
What do you think? Will you brighten up the streets with a colorful coat?