May in New York City is all about glamour but there’s still an unpredictable chill in the air. Here are some of the best cover up looks from two of the biggest events: the annual MET gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and New York City Ballet Spring Gala . Enjoy all the stylish looks!
1. Laced trimmed wrap
The lace adds light, playful dimension to the velvet wrap.
2. Red silk scarf
3. Rich, red bolero-style cropped cardigan
4. Reversible, textured evening scarf
5. Crimson cropped kimono jacket
6. Silver studded jacket
7. Fur shrug
8. Black ruffled and pleated jacket by Issey Miyake
9. Scallop trimmed coat and silk scarf as color accent
10. Soft fur shrug with a sheer scarf layer
11. Red draped shawl
12. Cream fur coat
13. Black sequin detailed shawl
14. Textured coat finished with a brooch closure
15. Black and white cuffed mink coat
16. Red fur shrug
17. Bright orange wrap jacket
18. Fun, feathered jacket
19. Gold scarf with a silk-lined cape
20. Silk scarf color accent
21. Relaxed fit, two-tone coat
22. White silk infinity scarf
23. Sheer shawl worn as a shoulder wrap
24. Simple and elegant pashmina scarf
25. Cape-style fur coat
26. Reversible black velvet and red silk wrap with tassel detail
27. Elegant kimono jacket with fur trim
28. Oversized silk scarf
29. Reversible pattern oversized shawl
30. Fur cowl wrap cape
31. Floor length evening coat
32. Sheer sequined scarf
33. Stylish reversible oversized wrap
34. Scallop knit cardigan
Which look is your favorite? And what is your preferred cover up for a formal outfit?
P.S. Today is the last day that you can enroll in the 40+Style Club at reduced rates. Want to know what current members are getting out of the club? Have a look at these reviews. It also includes 2 video interviews I conducted with members.
If you like get more info on the club or want to enroll, you can go here.
Photography by Denton Taylor
Want to get more articles from 40+style in your inbox, subscribe here.
Support 40+style by using the links in our articles to shop. As an associate for Amazon and many other brands, we receive a small commission (at no cost to you) on qualifying purchases which enables us to keep creating amazing free content for you. Thanks!