Draw inspiration from the Jill Sander 2012 Spring collections
When you’re over 40 and your aim is to look young and hip or just age appropriate, there are certain things you can do to look great.
Here are my top 10 tips on how to dress over 40 the right way!
- Dress for your body type, both vertical and horizontal and choose clothes that flatter you and highlight your those parts you love best about your body. Create a nice silhouette.
- Wear skirts at the right length, not too short, not too long. Just below or on top of the knee is a great length for over 40 women.
- Get hip shoes; they can make even a boring outfit look great.
- Wear darker, more fitted jeans.
- Get hip glasses that suit your face.
- Don’t overdo the bling. Contemporary jewelry is perfect for many women over 40.
- Show off your best parts, like your legs, bust or arms, but dress modestly and don’t show too much cleavage.
- Add color to your every-day wardrobe.
- Wear the best possible bra and use shape wear to give your body the right structure. If you find shape wear too uncomfortable, use slips or pants with pipes to hide panty lines and reduce unflattering bulges.
- Have fun dressing and show it in your clothes!
For more tips, see also this related article: how to dress over 40 and still look hip.
If you like to improve your style, I highly recommend my own 21 Steps to a More Stylish You course. The course will help you to understand so much more about your own body, personality and style and you will know what you need to do to take your style to the next level. Find out more and get instant access!
What are your top tips on how to dress over 40?