What is it about certain women that look so good over 40? What is their secret? Is it their makeup, their stylist, their skincare regime?
I read a couple of books about how to stay beautiful after 40 and here are the 10 most important things that stood out in making you feel and look younger and better after 40!
- Confidence is key. Nothing is more beautiful that a woman who feels good about herself.
- Strengthen your muscles and have regular workouts.
- Keep your makeup soft, light and warm. Dark, hard and cool colors make you look older.
- Keep a good posture!
- Less is more when it comes to hair and makeup, but a good foundation is key.
- Look for a haircut that balances your face, head and body proportionately.
- Yes, in most cases, coloring your grey hair will make you look much younger.
- Get an arched eyebrow look. You can use a highlighter under the brow bone to increase the illusion of an arch.
- Make your teeth whiter (but not too white, as that will look unnatural)
- SMILE a lot!
Now it’s your turn. What is your beauty secret in looking great?
p.s. A while ago in my book review of How not to look old, I asked you to guess which 40+ celebrities made it to the Young & Hip Hall of Fame in the book. I never provided you with the complete answer, but some of them are featured in the picture above. All six of them are: Christie Brinkley, Oprah, Sarah Jessica Parker, Michelle Pfeiffer, Demi Moore and Madonna!
Want to get more articles from 40+style in your inbox, subscribe here.
Support 40+style by using the links in our articles to shop. We receive a small commission (at no cost to you) which enables us to keep creating amazing free content for you. Thanks!