As Rachel from the show Friends, Jennifer Aniston’s hairstyle (known as the Rachel) became one of the most emulated hairstyles of the 90’s. Aniston’s style off-screen, however, has garnered just as much praise for its accessibility.
The value behind Aniston’s look, is that she appears on-trend and chic without attempting to be on-trend or chic.
Every look feels absolutely natural and unforced.
Just check out the look below which is easy to replicate.
Beyond that, she looks put together in the most effortless of ways. In this post, we break down Jennifer Aniston’s girl-next-door glam and put together a wardrobe inspired by her southern Californian style and charm.
So, what does it take to dress like Jennifer Aniston
Simplicity and taste would be the two leading words to describe how to achieve the Jennifer Aniston look. However, don’t let her appreciation for a simple approach to dressing fool you. Aniston is known for getting even her t-shirts tailored.
What she understands is that every piece must fit extremely well to be as flattering as possible.
Furthermore, if you look through numerous photos of her off-camera style, you’ll notice repeats of pieces combined in new ways. Her style is practically a capsule wardrobe waiting to happen.
Building on these two pillars of taste and simplicity, the key to channeling Aniston’s sartorial choices are:
- Working with a very neutral palette: Aniston does not shy away from all black, however, the bronzy take to her hair, golden accessories, and glowing makeup help to keep all black looks from becoming too overpowering.
- Appreciating denim and khakis: Most of her off-screen, streetstyle consists of tailored jeans and khakis that fit incredibly well. She pairs them with everything from leather jackets to longline dusters.
- Golden tones: Part of Aniston’s appeal is how she exudes southern Californian warmth. She opts for bronze and golden tones through her makeup, hair, and accessories.
- Put a hat on it: She loves panamas, fedoras, and wide brim hats. They are extremely flattering on her frame and are an accessory that brings the whole look together.
- Keeping yourself healthy: Aniston has the type of body envied by almost every age group. She is a big advocate of staying healthy, and wearing pieces that flatter her body shape. This confidence shines through whether she has on a pair of jeans or a $10,000 evening gown.
Get inspired by an Aniston capsule wardrobe below.
The Jennifer Aniston wardrobe
Pants and Shorts
Dresses and Skirts
Jackets and Sweaters
- Børn riding boots
- BP open toe dress sandal
- Brown leather sandals
- Wedge sandals
- Converse low top sneakers
- Rockport nude pumps
- Black booties
- Straw fedora hat
- Blue silk scarf
- Straw panama hat
- Gold watch
- Brown belt
- Leather wrap bracelet
- Aviator sunglasses
- Derek Lam eyeglasses
- Black box clutch bag
- Leather satchel
- Similar Kate Spade bags
- Similar checked scarf
- Black felt hats
Here are 9 looks inspired by Jennifer Aniston’s style that you can easily replicate
Are you a fan of Jennifer Aniston’s style?
Like this article? Save it on Pinterest!
Feature image by Vogue
Want to get more articles from 40+style in your inbox, subscribe here.
Support 40+style by using the links in our articles to shop. As an associate for Amazon and many other brands, we receive a small commission (at no cost to you) on qualifying purchases which enables us to keep creating amazing free content for you. Thanks!