Asymmetry is still very trendy this season and one of my favorite looks.
Today’s let’s look at the benefits of asymmetric clothing and what it can do for your style. I will also highlight some of the best pieces available right now.
So why do I like asymmetry so much and think it would be great for you too?
Here are just 5 reasons:
- Asymmetric dresses and tops will instantly add an arty vibe to your outfit.
- They are more edgy and therefore add a young and hip element.
- They create interesting vertical lines which have a slimming and elongating effect.
- Asymmetric dresses and tops are excellent to wear over skinny jeans and leggings and can be a great way to camouflage a tummy.
- They are the perfect layering piece as they will allow for some of the other layers to show.
How can you wear asymmetric clothes?
Asymmetry is now used in so many different types of clothes so there are lots of possibilities:
1. Wear as a dress
Asymmetric dresses have that little something extra!
2. An asymmetric short dress or tunic that can be worn over pants
Comfortable and hip, asymmetrical tunics and long sweaters are easy to wear over skinnies and leggings.
3. Asymmetric tops
An asymmetric top can turn a simple outfit into something special and is often very effective in hiding a belly!
4. Asymmetric coats
Asymmetrical coats are less common, and therefore extra special. An easy way to add a asymmetric coat is to for one of the many ponchos available in stores now.
5. Asymmetric skirts
Edgier and more fun than regular skirts!
6. Asymmetrical accessories
Want to take baby steps with asymetrics? You can always start with an asymmetrical jewelry piece or wear your scarves in an asymmetrical way!
You can find many of the pieces featured above as well as other asymmetrical clothing below (website only).
Do you like asymmetry in your clothing?