I feature quite a lot of outfits with heels on this site.
The fashion bloggers I feature like to wear heels a lot, and the women attending fashion week photographed by Denton will also wear them to make a fashion statement.
I have also started to wear more heels as I get older, because I like how they can make an outfit more special. I can wear heels as I never have to wear them for very long. When I work at home I’m always barefoot.
So some of you were wondering if you can also look stylish and hip wearing flats. The answer is a resounding YES of course you can!
I also wear flats on a regular basis.
They are super comfortable while being modern and hip at the same time because of their pointy toe. White is a color I wear often so these are easy to combine with many of my outfits featuring pants or skirts. Even though I have wide feet, I sized up to fit into these pointy flats and they have been really comfortable.
Here are a few more outfits where I wore flats:
- Laced flat sandals with a skirt
- Colorful Tom’s sandals with a pencil skirt and with white pants.
- White and silver sandals with a ruched skirt and white capris
- Black sandals with a silk tunic worn over pants
- I wore my flat silver booties with all the outfits in my winter capsule wardrobe, like with these cream and black skinnies.
A few more tips for wearing flats in a hip and stylish way
- Pay attention to your golden ratio silhouette. You may need to increase the height of your tops in order to achieve the perfect 1/3 – 2/3 silhoutte or wear a tunic top. A lot of more info on golden ratio and silhouette can be found in my style course.
- You may like to add some extra funky jewelry.
- Try to get the hippest flats that you can find while still making sure they are comfortable. Right now, pointy toes are very current.
- If your shoes are mainly practical and comfortable, try to wear something a bit more special within your outfit. The asymmetrical top in this outfit will already draw a lot of attention, so statement shoes are not necessary.
What I’m wearing today
For further reading also see an earlier article: how to wear flat shoes.
How do you like to wear your flats?
Want to get more articles from 40+style in your inbox, subscribe here.
Support 40+style by using the links in our articles to shop. As an associate for Amazon and many other brands, we receive a small commission (at no cost to you) on qualifying purchases which enables us to keep creating amazing free content for you. Thanks!