For the best shape wear options currently available online, please scroll down.
I know this can be a controversial topic to discuss but I would like to give my point of view on this. Let’s face it, after 40 we gain fat in all the wrong places and our skin becomes less elastic. You may feel that I’m the wrong person to discuss this, as I’m still quite slim, but believe me, even I have fat bubbles and lose skin in all the wrong places. And yes, I wear shape wear under some of my clothes, especially when I wear tight skirts and dresses like those you see above.
Why I choose to wear shape wear on some occasions
Quite a few of you will think that we should not submit ourselves to any constrictive wear of any kind and that we should accept ourselves as we are. I agree with this. But I also believe that when we step outside or go to a special occasion, we want to look our best so we can feel our best.
Here are some of the reasons why I choose to wear shapewear:
- Tight and thin dresses simple don’t look so good when you can see the saddlebags on my thighs and flabby fat on my buttocks.
- It streamlines your figure in a nice way. Love handles are controlled and legs look smooth.
- You can accentuate your waist more.
- And yes, if being overweight is an issue, they do slim you as well.
Shape wear comes in all different shapes, sizes and comfort levels
It’s also important to note that many shape wear pieces are actually not that uncomfortable. Many shops offer shape wear in different comfort levels, from light support to full support. Here are just some examples of Spanx shape wear:
1. Mid-thy barest bare: my upper thighs are my main problem area, so this is one of my favorite styles. I usually opt for a light to medium support in a light fabric. In most cases I would say to opt for skin color shape wear as that is the most invisible.
2. If you want more streamlining and get a more defined waist, you can opt for the Hi-waist mid-thy shaper.
3. The Spanx simplicity half slip is a good choice to wear under skirts and dresses.
I certainly don’t wear shape wear all the time. And I don’t wear it to appear thinner. My main reason for wearing shape wear is to streamline my upper legs and buttocks. I just feel so much better in my tight skirts and dresses wearing it!
Some more options are below.
Where do you stand on this? Do you wear shape wear or don’t you go anywhere near it?