It’s that time of year again that always seems to sneak up on us…holiday party season.
From office festivities to family and friends, the social commitments go up as does the challenge to find something unique, comfortable, and chic to wear. Let me give you some ideas!
Today I guide you through 15 holiday outfits and 5 makeup looks that fall into five different style personalities (artsy/eclectic, bohemian, classic, minimalist, and trendy).
From super formal to more low key affairs, the key to selecting the perfect outfit is combining the tone of the event with what you feel most comfortable and beautiful wearing.
In particular, I highlight different types of combinations you can select for the perfect holiday party look:
- Dresses: You can never really go wrong with a well tailored dress in a length that elongates your frame
- Pants and a beautiful top: Pants can look just as chic and dressy as a dress, if you select the right pair. One big advantage is that you can mix and match both items so you could swap them around for different parties.
- Jumpsuit: While trickier to fit and get right, jumpsuits can create an absolutely stunning and unique look.
- Skirts and a top: This may be a good option if you like to wear a knitted sweater and have a full or straight skirt you would like to wear. The skirt immediately dresses up the top.
From eclectic to au courant styling, let’s explore how to bring your style personality into the holiday party season
Artsy and eclectic
- Bond No. 9 park avenue south perfume
- Charlotte Tilbury lipstick
- MAC eyeshadow palette
- Charlotte Tilbury eyebrow pencil and shaper
- Mac eyeliner
- Yves Saint Laurent volumizing mascara
- Gucci flora perfume
- MAC lipstick
- Horuglass burgundy eyeshadow palette
- Laura Geller Beauty brow sculpting marker
- Chanel mascara
- Clinique eyeliner
- Chanel N°5 perfume
- Giorgio Armani red liquid lipstick
- Bobbi Brown eyebrow pencil
- Smashbox full epxosure mascara
- MAC eyeshadow quartet
- Tibi blazer
- Joseph Pants
- The Kooples lace blouse with bow
- Alexander Wang cut heel pumps
- DKNY stripe clutch
- Reiss pale rose wide leg jumpsuit
- MM6 Maison Margiela red blazer
- Rebecca Minkoff pink clutch
- Marc Fisher blush patent flats
- L’Agence white dress
- White House Black Market blue obi belt
- Vince Camuto blue pumps
- Kayu white shell clutch
- Jo Malone Earl Grey + Lemon perfume
- Clinique tinted lip balm
- Estée Lauder volumizing mascara
- Bobbi Brown brow pencil
- Urban Decay eyeshadow palette
- Elizabeth and James nirvana bourbon perfume
- Anastasia Beverly Hills contour kit
- Charlotte Tilbury blush
- Tom Ford cream and powder eye color
- Dior ultra lipgloss
- MAC mascara
What is your favorite holiday party look? What do you plan on wearing this season?
Want to get more articles from 40+style in your inbox, subscribe here.
Support 40+style by using the links in our articles to shop. As an associate for Amazon and many other brands, we receive a small commission (at no cost to you) on qualifying purchases which enables us to keep creating amazing free content for you. Thanks!