When I started this site, I always wanted to build a community of 40+ women celebrating life and style!
I’m happy to say that you have all embraced the list and I’m still adding more blogs every month. The community list now contains more than 500 blogs.
It’s easily searchable either by name, category or just list the table in alphabetical order.
They are all fabulous blogs by fabulous women and I encourage you to check them out.
Of course, if you are a woman over 40 with a blog, add yourself to the list by filling in the form on the 40+ community page.
Are you still seeing my updates on Facebook?
Even though more than 1000 of you have liked the 40+Style facebook page (thank you!), only a fraction of you get to see my actual updates. This is because Facebook decides who gets to see it and who doesn’t.
This seems strange to me as all of you have indicated that you WANT to see the updates.
However, Facebook likes to make more money and they do that by forcing me to pay if I want my update to get to all of you. There is something you can do however.
- If you go to your Facebook profile page (click on your name), you will see all the pages your liked in the bottom right.
- In the top right corner of that block, click on see all.
- This will open up a page where you can see all your likes by year. Find the 40+ style page by clicking on the year you liked it.
- If you hover over the name of the page (don’t click) a new box will show up.
- Then hover over the liked box. A new box will come up and make sure that ‘show in newsfeed’ is checked.
- You can also add the page to a special interest list here.
- Then make sure to interact with the 40+Style page as much as you can, by liking or commenting. That seems to be the best way to guarantee that you keep seeing my updates.
Revisiting some old articles
I get frequent comments on old articles. Like this one from Deedee which was particularly nice:
I totally agree with your blog re: feeling/looking good after 40 (actually 70, for me). I could care less what folk think/say about my style. It works for me, and I feel fabulous. Great blog — keep up the good work. You are truly an inspiration for me, and I am sure for thousands of others.
It was a comment on one of my earlier articles on feeling happy, confident and beautiful after 40, written on a particularly confident day.
It relates well to Suzanne’s recent article on how to stay youthful after 40. In the end that is what I hope to achieve with this site.
That I can inspire more of you to be happy with your changing bodies and appearance and find your own style. A style that makes you happy and allows you to have fun with life, fashion and style.
We can help you achieve that through the (almost) daily articles and if you have any particular questions, then the comments section is the best place to ask them.
Comments like the one above definitely encourage me to keep going with this site and grow the community even stronger.
Thank you all for your continued support for this site and I look forward to seeing you in the comments or the forum.
Want to get more articles from 40+style in your inbox, subscribe here.
Support 40+style by using the links in our articles to shop. We receive a small commission (at no cost to you) which enables us to keep creating amazing free content for you. Thanks!