Best online shops for women over 40
Here is a list of some of the best online shops for women over 40 to buy fabulous fashion, shoes, jewellery and beauty products online. Many offer free shipping and free returns, but always check store conditions before ordering. Happy shopping!
If you like to improve your style and want to make sure you are buying the right clothes, I highly recommend 40+Style’s unique Style Course. In 21 steps you will understand so much more about your own body, personality, style and will know how to make the right buying choices for your style. Find out more and get instant access!
- Nordstrom: One of the most popular shops for 40+ women offering a wide variety of excellent clothing and a great selection of both affordable and designer brands
- JCrew: lots of good basics
- Banana Republic: a good mix of basics and fashionable clothes both for the office and casual
- Ann Taylor: lots of clothes for the workplace and casual pursuits
- Anthropology: beautiful clothes with a more colorful and artistic vibe
- Asos: Very trendy clothing that is often very affordable. Although the focus is more on young women, there is still plenty for us as well.
- Mango: Very affordable and modern clothing with a young and hip vibe
- Karen Millen: for gorgeous dresses and skirts
- Shopbop: a great online shop that delivers worldwide. Many of the major brands are represented here.
- Net-a-Porter: very chic online fashion store with lots of designer labels
- Farfetch: fabulous shop that curates top brands from boutiques around the world
- Saks Fifth Avenue: large clothing selection from a large number of designers
- Macys: lots of beautiful fashion from the US
- Club Monacco: chic and sporty clothing for the sophisticated woman
- Amazon: Amazon now has a wide range of clothing, shoes and bags and many different brands (and well-known) brands.
Clothing targeting women over 40
- Eileen Fisher: flattering and comfortable clothing with great silhouettes in top quality fabrics.
- Stella Carakasi: a great selection of casual chic original clothes that will flatter many women over 40. Enter the coupon code 40PLUS15 for an extra 15% off all orders and receive free shipping in the US! One use per customer.
- Covered Perfectly: Provides unique and comfortable draping tops that are flattering and cover you in all the right places! ** Special offer for 40+ style readers, use 40+ at checkout for 20% off!
- Not Your Daughters Jeans: some of the best jeans and pants for 40+ women
- Fabrizio Gianni Jeans: a great shop to buy those all-important basics like great fitting jeans.
- GetDressed2: offers contemporary and casual chic clothing from European and American designers.
- Chicos: a wide selection of clothes in a variety of styles
- Loft: although this shop does not specifically target 40+ women, it’s frequently mentioned as a favorite store in the 40+Style community
Clothing targeting Plus Size women
- Eileen Fisher plus size clothing: a great selection of clothes for plus-size women
- Nordstrom: a very extensive collection for plus size women!
- Covered Perfectly also has a special section for plus size women with tops that are flattering and comfortable.
- Asos Curve: the same trendy fashion but in larger sizes
- Evans: specializes in clothing for bigger sizes
I created a special page for shops for plus size women here with many more shops and brands.
High end designers
- The Outnet: Get high profile brands like Valentino at greatly discounted prices
- Gucci: One of the most luxurious fashion brands has its own online store
- Michael Kors: online store of this American designer with lots of great clothes, shoes and accessories. Many surprisingly affordable.
- Armani: designs one of the most elegant clothing, perfect for women over 40! Through his various brands he offers clothing for every budget.
- Tory Burch: this online store stocks a huge variety of dresses and skirts and the perfect knee height length. Also has fabulous bags and shoes.
- VizioOptic: one of the best online shops for glasses and sunglasses. They also stock my favorite swissflex brand.
- Adidas: I absolute love Stella McCartney’s line of sportswear for Adidas
- Danskin: beautiful training, dance and yoga wear
Shoes and bags
- Zappos: one of the best shoe stores on the web. They stock a lot of shoes with arch support too. Visit this page to see recommendations from readers for the best arch support shoes.
- Antelope Shoes: fabulous collection of shoes that are both comfortable AND hip. (see how I wear them here)
- Shoebuy: Large variety of shoes from brands like Ecco, Calvin klein, Clarks and Anne Klein.
- Nine West: shoes and bags from this popular high street brand
- Heels: lots of shoes here, especially shoes with heels!
- Portero: fabulous pre-owned/vintage luxury handbags, watches, jewelry and personal accessories.
Jewellery and Accessories
- Jewelry to your Doorstep: a beautiful mix of colorful statement jewelry featuring pearls, gems, earthstones, shells, baltic amber, marcasite, sterling silver and silver with gold accents.
- Taula: timeless and powerful jewelry that can take you from day to evening.
- For more ideas for jewelry I’m maintaining a list of the best online stores for statement jewelry here. I also have a list with the best Etsy shops for contemporary jewelry.
- Charming Charlie: a great range of affordable jewelry
Beauty & Health
- Dermstore: one of my favorite online beauty stores. Great for cosmoceutical brands like Skinceuticals.
- StrawberryNet: a great site for all major beauty brands, both makeup, skincare and perfumes. They offer free shipping worldwide!
- Bobbi Brown Cosmetics: My cosmetics of choice for makeup, BB cream and lipstick.
- LifeExtension: the best online shop for supplements and vitamins
My favorite products
You can find all my favorite products in our own 40+Style Shop!
Purchasing actions from these links may result in affiliate comission for 40+Style