It’s been another great week here at 40+Style with a record number of visitors to the site. Thank you so much! I loved getting all your feedback on my striped dress and new lipsticks. Nola Johnson posted a great article on how to dress for the workplace.
I also saw that my website was featured on an Israeli blog in what looked like a great article. Interesting to read the translation from Hebrew to English via Google Translate. It came with some fun translations like: “Meet Sylvia, 45, Dutch swimming in Singapore” and “(rule) Nine, eat a good bra”
New on the forum!
- Greetje likes to know if she can still wear this leather skirt
- Nanne wonders if women over 40 can still wear animal print
- Greetje shows off her orange pants
- Be sure to visit these threads and give them your feedback!
Interesting on the web
- I recently featured Ester van Eeghen in my article on mid heel shoes. I thought you might like to know that Amid Privilege currently gives away one of her bags!
- I also liked The Sparkle in her Eye’s article on long, lanky, elegant Tassel necklaces
Links a la Mode
Lastly, my article on how to wear the graphical trend was featured at Links a la Mode, together with 19 other articles. It was fun to see blogger buddy Heather from The Style Confessions feutured as well, who actually published an article on lipstick the same day I did. How funny is that!
MAN, I FEEL LIKE A WOMAN
There was a time in the mid-90s when girl power was all the rage (thank you, Spice Girls!). While midriff baby tees might have fallen out of fashion, now more than ever bloggers prove that girl power is still in full effect.Whether it’s donning a lacy top, a beautiful lip color, or even raising a glass to the original girl power movement of Rosie the Riveter, fashion bloggers know better than anyone else how to celebrate being a woman! In honor of National Women’s History month, check out these posts that are all about the things that make being a woman fun.
THE IFB WEEKLY ROUNDUP: LINKS À LA MODE: MARCH 8TH
- 40+ Style: How to update your wardrobe and wear the spring 2012 trends: graphical
- Aspiring New Moms: Nautical Sophisticate // A black blazer and Sperry Topsiders
- Chic Stay at Home Mom: Mom Outfit Transformation Take 1
- Fashion Moriarty: What is fashion’s role in negative body image?
- Fashionopolis: Street Style Inspiration: Neon!
- First Came Fashion: Dynamic Duo.
- Homes & Heels: From Day to Night #2
- I Have a Degree in This: Lady Inspiration Week: 20 Somethings
- J. Rose Style: A Personal Stance on Photo Retouching
- Life in Magazines: Confessions of Prepster
- Made to Travel: Celebrate Women’s History Month with Real Rosies
- Make the World a Prettier Place: Roaring Twenties SS 2012
- My Fashion Wish List: The Must Have Item
- Prim and Propah: We are all Barbies
- Simply Frabulous: The Roaring Twenties
- Soulful Soles: Black is the new black
- The Classic Woman: A Peek Inside a Classic Woman’s Closet
- The Merchant Project: Introducing The Misses
- The Style Confessions: Three Decadent Burgundy Lipsticks (from the drugstore!)
- What Would Ashley Wear?: Wardrobe Staple you Need: The Neon Pink Blazer
Thank you so much for reading. Let me know what you think and what inspired you this week!