A while ago I spoke to you about my plans for New York and possibly Vancouver. Well, tickets have been booked and I could not be more excited.
Now it’s time to start planning for real!
First, I’m going to attend a 40+ blogger meetup in Vancouver from 24-26 July. Super excited to meet some of my favorite bloggers there! If you like to come too, be sure to sign up.
Then my family and I will travel through Canada and the north of the USA and we will probably end up in Chicago. From there I will travel by myself to New York City and will stay there for one whole month (from 14 August until 17 September). Wow!
The blogger meetup will take place on 4, 5 and 6 september.
I don’t expect this group to be very big (not bigger than 20) so I think it’s good to keep things casual and mainly social.
Friday 4 September
Those that like to can already meet up for diner!
Saturday 5 September
- Meet for coffee at 10 am – get to know each other, probably somewhere in the west village.
- Have lunch in that same area.
- Walk around West Village and Soho and shop or split up in groups.
- Have diner at a fun place then party for those who have the energy!
Sunday 6 September
- Meet around 10 am in a cafe and have a discussion about getting better at blogging – if you would find it interesting, you could ask me anything about blogging. Blogging is my full-time business and 40+Style currently has more than 350,000 visitors every month.
- Optional lunch.
There will be no separate mini blogger conference. Rather we can discuss blogging topics throughout the two days (if desired) in a casual setting. You can let me know about your preferences for the schedule in the form (eg. do you want to talk about how to get better at blogging or do you prefer to just socialize).
If you are interested in coming and these days suit you, please fill in the form below.
Of course, if these days don’t suit you, let me know and I may be able to meet up with you one to one.
I will update this page and keep track of the bloggers that are planning to come.
Currently planning to come:
- Lyn Slater: blog Accidental Icon
- Suzanne Carillo: blog Suzanne Carillo
- Denton Taylor: blog Silver-haired Beauties
- Lisa Hartman: blog Her’s, His and Ours
- Anita Irlen: blog Look for the woman
- Geraldine O’Neill: website Geraldine O’Neill
- Valerie and Jean: Idiosyncratic Fashionistas (t)
(t) means tentative
As you can imagine, I’m really excited about the prospect of being able to meet so many of my blogger friends in both Vancouver and New York, as well as readers. I’m also looking forward to truly experience what living New York City is like.
If you have any tips or suggestions on any of the above, I would love to hear from you. You can leave a comment below or email me privately at sylvia [at] 40plusstyle.com