With the start of 2019 comes the opportunity for a fresh start in the areas of our lives we aren’t 100% happy with.
If you’re making a resolution to dedicate some time to yourself, to getting fitter and healthier, then I’m sure some stylish workout clothes for women would help you to achieve your goals.
You’ve definitely heard the phrase “dress for success” before.
And, it’s a saying which doesn’t only apply to the business world.
The clothing we wear affects the way we behave because it carries a symbolic meaning.
If you’re wearing workout gear that you love, you automatically feel that you are mentally prepared for the task at hand, so you are more enthusiastic about exercising, and you get better results.
I definitely agree that I feel better about heading out to my exercise class if I’m dressed well. And, with my fitness gear all looking rather old and tired, I’m definitely going to treat myself to some new pieces for the New Year.
As I get older, it has become even more important to me to make sure that I stay fitter, stronger and healthier. I want to be around for as long as possible, being able to do what I want to for as long as possible! If feeling great in my workout clothes can help with that, it’s definitely worth the extra investment.
Here are some of the best workout outfits and the best brands of workout clothes.
The best workout clothes for women
If you’re rather bewildered by the array of workout clothes available, and who can blame you, a great place to start is with the brand recommendations I’ve had from 40+ founder Sylvia, as well as from the women of the 40+ Style community. Here are some of the best.
Launched by Kate Hudson, Fabletics has faced some questions over whether its membership model is worth it. If you are a member, you are charged $49.95 per month which you can put towards apparel. You also get a discount of 50% on your purchases. You can choose to pause membership each month if you want to.
I don’t think it’s a bad deal if you do a lot of exercise, but you can just buy as a guest and pay the full price. Even at around $100 for a two or three piece outfit, it’s not too badly priced.
A definite favorite of Sylvia’s, Stella McCartney for Adidas may be pricier than some workout gear, but it’s also more stylish!
- Blue Training Top
- Purple Running Tank
- Gray Running Ultra Tight
- Black Essential Bra
- Blue Gym Bag
- White Ultraboost X Sneakers
- Time To Restore Short Sleeve
- Fine Form Bra
- Coast Hoodie
- On My Level Barrel Bag
- Align Pant
- The Reversible Mat 5mm
Part of the Gap brand, Athleta is another good alternative for yoga and athletic wear which can definitely be worn as stylish casual wear too.
It’s also a good place to go if you’re looking for warm jackets, either for cold weather training, or to get you to and from your exercise or yoga class.
- Banner Peak Down Jacket
- Headlands Hybrid Tight
- Drishti Ruched Sweatshirt
- Caraa x Athleta Crossbody Bag
- Vanna Beanie
- 16 oz Canteen by Corkcicle
- Fresh Foam Cruz v2 Sneaker by New Balance
- Women’s Seamless Mesh Mid-Rise Capri Leggings
- Women’s Elevated Tech Fleece Full Zip Sweatshirt
- Women’s Core Twist T-Shirt
- Women’s C9 Seamless Strappy Cami Sports Bra
- Women’s Freedom 2 Knit Sneakers
- C9 Champion® 18″ Fitness Duffel
- Women’s Veanna Flip flop sandals
- C9 Champion® Women’s Workout Gloves
- C9 Champion® Core Cloth Fitness Mat
Helpfully, workout gear is grouped depending on the type of workout you usually do. I love the peacock blue and teal pieces that are available at the moment.
- Reversible 7/8 Yoga Leggings
- Upbeat Padded Workout Bra
- Merino Lounge Sweater
- Namaska Bamboo Padded Yoga Tank
- All Sport Backpack
- New Balance Fresh Foam Cruz Sneakers
- Barre Gripper Socks
Another of Gap’s brands, Old Navy offers very affordable workout wear. It’s a good option if you are tall or petite as most options come in these sizes as well as regular.
- Crossback Keyhole Performance Tank for Women
- Seamless Light Support Sports Bra for Women
- Hybrid Frost-Free Moto Jacket for Women
- High-Rise Printed Compression Leggings for Women
- Quilted Nylon Tote for Women
- Retro Brushed-Felt Sneakers for Women
As you would expect from a department store with such a range, Nordstrom has a good choice of activewear. You will find a huge range of brands including Stella McCartney for Adidas, Zella, Sweaty Betty, Spanx, Nike, Beyond Yoga, and Free People.
- Upbeat Padded Bra
- Mesh Layering Tee
- Miler Slub Knit Tank
- Kiss Artica T7 Leggings
- Sutton Duffel Bag
- Paua Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle
- PureBoost X Element Knit Running Shoe
What are your favorite workout clothes for women? What do you usually wear? What brands do you love?
Cover Photo by 40plusstyle.com