This summer I splurged on ballerinas. Living in a hot climate I own lots of sandals, but nothing is quite as elegant and chic as some classy ballerinas. And as you may have seen from my 2012 flat shoe trends report, they, together with slipper shoes, are very much in style right now.
Why are ballerinas so fantastic? Here are just a few reasons:
- They are timeless and classic
- They come in all kinds of colours and variations, so they can be very hip as well
- They are chic
- They are comfortable
- They look good on both the young and the very old and will always give you a youthful vibe
- They are easy to put on and take off, which is very convenient in Asia as it is customary to take your shoes off before entering a home
- They can easily be stored in a bag for those days that you want to wear those killer heals (but would still like to walk at the end of the evening)
- They go with just about anything: skirts, trousers, dresses.
So if you like to get more of a minimalist wardrobe as we discussed a few days ago, then these are the shoes to get. And this season there is a huge variety of ballerinas in all kinds of colours and patterns.
I will show you my own ballerinas along the way. Unless you are desperate to see them now and I will have to post some pictures on Instagram.
Do you like ballerinas?
Feature image by the Hagitdana_stylist
Want to get more articles from 40+style in your inbox, subscribe here.
Support 40+style by using the links in our articles to shop. We receive a small commission (at no cost to you) which enables us to keep creating amazing free content for you. Thanks!