About the role
We are currently looking for a new managing 40+Style editor. This role is currently for 15 – 25 hours a week but could morph into a full-time role for the right candidate if you succeed in further growing the site. This is a location independent role and all you need is a good internet connection. We are looking for someone that can devote 100% of their available time to 40+Style. You will bill us for any hours worked each week.
As our managing editor you will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the 40+ style website. You will:
- Identify topics to write about and answer women questions through articles
- Find and manage writers
- Create the editorial calendar and schedule articles
- Identify and approach topic experts
- Write your own articles and create visuals
- Liaise with editorial assistant and designer to complete articles
- Liaise with advertisers
- Coordinate interviews
- Manage our communities and profiles on social media
- Contribute to challenges and courses
- Possibly create Facebook live videos and answer questions of women in our community
Core skills and requirement
- Excellent knowledge of wordpress
- Native english speaker and excellent grammar skills
- Great sense of style and the ability to educate others on all aspects of style
- Extensive experience as a blogger or editor
- Great organising and planning skills and the ability to work systematically
- Highly driven and a great can-do attitude and level of independence and the ability to get a lot done in little time.
- Entrepreneurial skills and a strong desire to grow the brand and to succeed
Highly valued skills
- Ability to create appealing collages
- Ability to create stylish and practical capsule wardrobes
- Knowledge of image editing and resizing
- Good understanding of social media
- Good knowledge of SEO and online marketing
- Good communication skills both off and online
- Positive attitude and a willingness to help other people
- You are a quick learner and pay attention to detail
- Ability to create your own style images and willingness to appear in videos and photos.
- Understanding of internet marketing concepts
- Ability to work with email management software like Active Campaign
- Understanding of internet advertising like Facebook ads
What we offer
- Flexible working hours – Determine which hours you would like to work.
- Be part of a growing community full of fabulous women
- Create lots of impact for women with articles that help and support them
- Get a high level of independence as you help 40+Style grow to the next level and get rewarded for growth
- You get to talk and write about style and fashion all the time. What could be more fun!
If you are interested in this position, please cover the following in your letter
- Tell us why you would want to work for 40+Style
- Please list your 3 biggest skills and how they will benefit 40+Style
- Please link to examples of your work or write at least a few paragraphs in an article that would be suitable for our site.
- Pitch three article ideas with short outline. (successful applicants will be asked to complete one of these articles in the second round – article will be paid for)
- Please show us proof of your styling aptitude (create a polyvore collage or send us pictures featuring your own style)
- Please list your age and where you currently live.
- Let us know what your hourly rate is
About the company
40+Style (40plusstyle.com) is a website and community that reaches more than 400,000 women every month. We help 40+ women find their unique style and give them more confidence about the way they look. We offer style courses to help women over 40 find their style and a very strong community with the 40+Style club.
How to apply
Please visit send your application to support [at] 40plusstyle.com
I look forward to reading your applications!
p.s. Visit this page for more job opportunities