Spring is in full swing, so it is time to look at the trends and how we can incorporate them into our wardrobes.
Short and boxy jackets were a big trend on the runways and they are starting to filter into the shops as well.
Have a look at some examples at Zara below.
So how can women over 40 wear them?
Here are just some ideas to get you started:
- Wear them with a straight skirt in the Chanel way for a classic look
- Wear them with a longer top underneath over skinnies for a young and hip silhouette
- Pair them with wide trousers for an overall relaxed look
- Wear with an a-line skirt to highlight your waist
Show me your ideas and join the mini dressing challenge: short jackets!
I would love to see how you would like to wear your jackets this summer, so join the jacket challenge and show me! Your jackets don’t have to be boxy. Just show me your favorite jackets and how you will wear them this summer. If you would love to wear one of the boxy jackets below, you can create a collage.
Here is how you can participate:
- Photograph yourself in an outfit with a short jacket and send the pictures to me (sylvia [at] 40plusstyle.com) or upload them into the style forum. Or / and,
- Create a collage with Polyvore and add a link in the comments.
I will do the same and would love to show you the ultimate inspiration guide on how to wear (short) jackets this summer.
Please have your entries in by 28 April so I can offer you a short jacket inspiration guide next week.
For inspiration here a few short jackets currently available online.
How will you wear a short jacket this season? I look forward to seeing your entries!