The start of a new year is a great time to review what you like to achieve. I already discussed 10 simple steps to ignite your style!
Today let’s look at our style goals for 2015.
What has been working and what could be improved?
You can write down what you would like to achieve this year in terms of style. The list can be general or more specific, long or short and can contain anything that you feel is important in terms of style.
It can be a handy list to take with you while going shopping and you may like to check it at various times during the year to see if you are still on track.
I will kickstart the process and share some of my own goals and style reflections.
- I want my style to reflect my style statement: Modern Freedom. Other important words include: interesting, fun, arty, clean, edgy.
- I like to create the right balance of modern and timeless, flattering and unrestrictive, arty and clean, asymmetric and balanced, high end and low end.
- To keep embracing some of the key elements of my style which are: asymmetry, architecture, comfort, contemporary accessories.
- Balance color with plenty of neutrals.
- Explore the use of earrings to add color or interest to face.
- Although I don’t like super tight clothes, I want to embrace more clothes that are tailored to my body and emphasize my waist.
- I like to add more edge to my style without using too much black.
- Buy fewer, but higher quality items. But also allow for a mix of low and high-end items in an outfit. It’s ok to indulge in a trendy item but that should be bought cheaply.
- Only keep items in my closet that I love and make me feel happy and confident.
- Be very particular on fit. If it does not fit (or cannot easily be altered) don’t buy it!
- Be careful with buying prints (I tire of prints too quickly). Prints on bottom pieces or accessories and shoes usually work best.
- Don’t buy clothes with too many details and keep it clean.
- Don’t buy clothes that are too girly, romantic or bohemian.
- Make sure to have some good hot weather casual clothes too.
- Stay true to myself. Some clothes should only be admired on others!
- Find the perfect haircut that I’m able to manage.
- Take good care of my skin and reserve time in the morning and evening to properly care for it.
- Strive for a more polished look when it comes to makeup.
- Wear sunscreen whenever I step outside.
- Continue to evolve in terms of style and learn and be inspired by others.
- Most of all to have FUN with fashion and Style!
What are your style goals this year?
p.s. You will be excited to know that I plan to conduct a lot more style challenges and courses this year! A new live run of our full style course will start on 2 February and last throughout February on a seperate site. It will be even better than before! If you like to get notified when registration opens for this live course, be sure to subscribe here and tick the box ‘style challenges and courses’.
Existing subscribers who would like to be notified please fill in your email below.