May has arrived which means warmer weather for many of you. And this year that also means embracing pastels. At least for me.
My love affair with pastels continues with this all pink ensemble which is actually super casual but is made chic by the addition of a colorful snakeskin bag.
This is a layered look that features a long camisole in pink, an asymmetric knitted top and knee high leggings. All elastic and super comfortable, yet stylish at the same time and perfect for warm spring days and summer.
The snakeskin bag is from Suzette.
Speaking of warmer weather… How are you doing with your spring and summer wardrobe?
Want some help building a great capsule wardrobe for summer from a minimal amount of pieces?
I’m organising a free spring/summer casual style challenge!
You can sign up for the challenge below. It’s free!
It will give you 10 ready-to-wear outfits (formulas) so you don’t have to think about what you’re wearing for 10 days! You can share your outfits each day in the 40+Style Community group on Facebook or Instagram.
Here is how it will work:
- You sign up with the form below.
- Once I have the capsule wardrobe in place, I will send you all the pieces in it. There will only be 10 pieces. You will probably already have most of these items in your wardrobe but if not I will also give you direct links to where you can purchase the pieces and any alternatives (both medium priced and budget options). In addition you can use the accessories that you already have, but we also give you some suggestions.
- You can then create your own capsule that you will use for the challenge. You can use your own 10 pieces or add some of our suggestions to your wardrobe.
- From 23 May I will send you the outfits for each day by email and you can then share your own outfits inspired by that outfit in the private Facebook group for this challenge.
- We admire each other’s creativity, cheer eachother on and have fun!
This challenge will show you how to mix & match and create many different outfits with a minimum of clothes. Please note that I will only conduct this challenge if there is enough interest, so be sure to sign up below!
Want some inspiration now and know how a capsule wardrobe works?
And here are some casual style formulas for spring and summer.
I had initially incorporated this outfit into the capsule as all pieces are perfect for the casual chic vibe we are after. If you are very fond of leggings I definitely recommend these (see how I wore them in a different color here; also they do double function as I also wear them for yoga!). You would definitely be able to use these leggings for the challenge, particularly in the lighter colors. The longer version leggings would work well too. Of course my personal capsule will include another asymmetrical top and I chose this one in stone.
Stella Carakasi have also just released their latest collection for summer which you may like to check out and I selected the knee-high leggings in topaz, this asymmetrical top in topaz and this cropped top in platinum. Watch this space for how I wear those!
Finally Stella Carakasi is organising another live webcast with lots of actionable tips on how to look your best this summer. It starts tomorrow and you can register for it now.
So be sure to sign up both for my style challenge as well as the webinar and you will have no problem looking absolutely amazing this summer!
Are you ready for summer yet?