After talking about the wardrobe esssentials, a wardrobe capsule, and creating a wardrobe you love and fits your personality, I will now go into more detail on how you can organise your wardrobe. Many of you may struggle to find the clothes in your wardrobe and perhaps you feel like you need to get more organised. One way of doing that is to make use of online software to organise your clothes. I had a look at some of them and here are some ideas.
On your computer
HomyFads Wardrobe Manager
HomyFads is for Windows users and it’s free to download. Features include:
- Creation of unlimited number of virtual wardrobes
- Grouping of wardrobe items into different collections
- Drag and drop photos to create items in a collection
- Tag your wardrobe items
- Find items as you type into the search box
Closet Couture is an online closet portal where you can add your own clothes to a closet, as well as add items from their online collections. You can then mix and match all your clothes and come up with different outfits. If you want help with that, you can even purchase some help from stylists. You can also browse the closets of other members.
My clothing calendar
My clothing calendar is an online organiser that keeps track of when you wore certain outfits. It’s great for planning your business and social occasions and making sure that you don’t show up in the same outfit with the same people. Search for a person and find out what you last wore, when you saw them. It’s free to sign up.
Go Chic or Go Home
At Go Chic or Go Home you can shop your closet together with your friends. You can share pictures of your outfits and add your whole wardrobe online. You can create ensembles but also put outfit pictures online that your followers can comment on.
For the phone
Touchcloset is a wardrobe manger for your phone that lets you keep track of all your clothes. Record when you last wore an item, so you know that you will not wear the same outfit twice to an event. Some other features include:
- Going on a trip? Pick out what you’re taking before you even start packing!
- Make an outfit a favorite!
- Not sure if you already have the right top to go with those new jeans? Check your closet on the spot!
- Create an account and your TouchCloset App will be backed up and synchronized with TouchCloset.com.
- Then go to the new TouchCloset.com and manage your wardrobe online, and everything you do will be updated automatically on your TouchCloset App.
Touchcloset can be bought on Itunes for $9.99
Pocket closet is another wardrobe organiser for your phone. It has similar features to Touchcloset and you can easily add garments to your app. Organise them by type and fill in when you last wore them. A fun feature is that you can shake your phone and the app will give you another outfit suggestion! All features include:
- Create outfits from any combinations of clothes
- Sort your outfits in to handy categories
- Record outfits you wore on a built-in calendar
- Share outfit ideas with friends (sends over standard email)
- Get outfit suggestions by shaking your iPhone or iPod touch
- Search for all dates when you wore a clothing item
Pocket Closet can be bought at Itunes for $0.99
My Wardrobe – catalog your clothes!
The my wardrobe app lets you carry you wardrobe with you. Manage all your outfits and keep a diary of you how styled them. Note how many compliments you got with this outfit and how you felt wearing it!
My Wardrobe is $0.99 in the Itunes store.
Pose is not so much about wardrobe organisation, but it will keep track of your outfits, as you can easily upload each outfit online and share with the world and your friends. Pose works more like a social network and is a fun way to browse your own and others’ outfits.
Pose can be downloaded for free from the Itunes store.
Will you use a closet organiser?
I have not actively started using one of these wardrobe organisers, apps and online managers, as I feel I have a pretty good overview of my closet. However, I do really like the idea of a calendar, so you know what you wore, when. It can also be very useful to know exactly what’s in your closet, so you don’t buy another t-shirt in the exact same colour as you already have.
What do you think? Would you use an online wardrobe organiser to keep track of clothes or when you wore them? Or perhaps you are already using one that you like?