Sometimes the nicest clothes are the most simple. The white shirt is a classic item that will never go out of style. It is a must-have for every woman.
I have recently fallen in love with the white shirt again. I featured it this Monday and will feature it again next week.
Here are just some of the advantages of a nice white blouse
- It gives you a clean crisp look.
- It combines with every other color you have.
- It is a perfect background for your fabulous accessories like jewelry and scarves.
- It is perfect to wear with all the printed trousers that are so fashionable now.
- You can wear them in so many different ways.
– Tuck them in.
– Wear with a bult
– Semi tuck
– Wear them lose over a singlet
– Tie a knot in front
– Wear to the Oscars with a formal long skirt (remember Sharon Stone!)
There are a few drawbacks as well
- It can make you look a bit washed out (adding accessories can help with this)
- They get dirty really quickly (Getting the right product for washing can help. Heather recently published tips on keeping whites white and she currently has a giveaway of her favorite whitening product. Be sure to check that out!)
With those points in mind let’s have a look at some fabulous examples of women wearing the white blouse in style! Although all these examples are from young women, it will serve as great inspiration for us women over 40 as well.
Here are some more ideas and examples of white shirts that you can buy in stores right now.
How do you feel about the white blouse? Is it an essential for you? How do you wear it?
Images via Pinterest: top: black pants, yellow pants, Pants red pants, green pants, blue pants, blue skirt, grey skirt, pink skirt (please note that I will always try to credit the original creator of the image. Unfortunately, not all photos contained links to the original source. If one of these belongs to you, please let me know and I will add your link).