Your hair frames your face so it is important that it looks the best it can be. Earlier Anja shared her tips on how to manage curly hair and control the frizz. But here are also my personal tips for the best hair products to give you luscious and fizz-free hair!
To beat the Frizz
- Kerastase Elixir Ultime — hands-down winner for best fragrance. A little goes a long way, so don’t be deterred by the semi-high ticket price
- Shu Uemura Essence Absolue — hairstylists are all swooning over this Japanese cult line and the colossal bottle pretty much guarantees you’ll never run out.
- Moroccan oil Frizz Control — a lightweight version of the grand-daddy of them all. Comes with a spray, but spray into your hands and smooth over hair. You can always add more, but never less.
For on the go Hydration
- Aveda Pure Abundance Style-Prep – Designed to prep your hair based on your hair concern or desired style and leave your hair in the best condition possible.
- Redken Smooth Detangling Crème – Breathe new life into your lackluster locks with this leave-in conditioner.
- Ouidad Moisture Lock – It creates a “moisture foundation” by infusing individual strands with conditioners vital to healthy hair and great-looking curls!
Quick & Easy Styling Products
- Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo or Sephora Dry Shampoo – Feeling greasy or flat? Need a middle-of-the-day spruce-up? Try Klorane’s Gentle Dry Shampoo. Its hypoallergenic formula has an oat-milk base that will soothe even the most irritated scalps—and it quickly absorbs excess oil and gives your roots a lift at the same time.
- Toni & Guy Sea Salt Texturizing Spray – Creates texture and body with light hold. Suitable for all hair types and perfect for achieving an effortless, laid-back and lived-in hairstyle.
- Oscar Blandi Pronto Dry Heat Protection Spray – Pronto Dry Heat Protect Spray is your best defense against heat styling. Offering 450-degree heat protection and safeguarding hair from all hot tools, the dry-spray formula is enriched with keratin proteins to nourish, strengthen and protect. It also provides instant style-refreshing benefits, allowing you to easily and effortlessly reshape your style. Scented with lemon verbena, this spray enhances shine, maintains hold, and helps hair look as good as new.
- KMS California Free Shape – KMS California FREE SHAPE Quick Blow Dry is a two-phase styling spray for all hair types. With added thermal protectors, this styling spray smoothes hair whilst boosting shine too. This innovative product also works to dramatically reduce hair drying time – by up to 50%! Hair is easier to style and quicker to dry for salon perfect looks every time.
Do you have any favorite products that beat the frizz?
Kelly is 40+Style’s makeup and beauty expert writer. She is a professional makeup artist currently residing in Singapore. For more information or bookings contact her through her website.