When you dream of some of the most enviable fashion related jobs in the industry, Linda Fargo’s highly visible role probably comes to mind.
Bergdorf Goodman‘s (a high end landmark department store in New York City) Senior Vice President and Fashion Director, Linda Fargo is as much a staple at work in her offices as she is front row during Fashion Week.
So, what does it take to dress like Linda Fargo?
Beyond her ability to bring timeless and seasonal trends to Bergdorf Goodman, Fargo is seen as a kingmaker within the fashion industry due to her ability to find and cultivate new talent. With such an impressive resume, it comes as no surprise that her wardrobe is just as impressive and unique.
As usual, here are a few quick tips to help you achieve Fargo’s New York cool style:
- Animal print, animal print, and more animal print (especially leopard print)
- Unique spins on classic pieces
- Flattering pants (especially wide leg)
- Bold and artistic patterns and prints
- Accessories to take the most basic looks and pieces out of this world
- Luxe pieces that are one of a kind (or look like it)
Linda has been featured several times before on 40+Style and photographed by 40+Style photographer Denton Taylor.
Take a look at many more of Fargo’s looks here, and give yourself a dose of New York cool style with our guide on how to dress like Linda Fargo below.
The Linda Fargo Wardrobe
Linda Fargo goes back and forth between classic and timeless pieces (such as the white pussy bow blouse below) and trendy, bold pieces that are intentionally attention grabbing (like the purple Victoria Beckham or leopard print pieces below).
- MSGM white ruffled blouse
- Boutique Moschino leopard print ruffle blouse
- Victoria Beckham purple top
- Karl Lagerfeld white bow blouse
- Elie Tahari black blouse
- J. Crew long sleeve camel cashmere sweater
Skirts and Pants
A-line skirts, pencil skirts, and wide leg pants are the most likely bottoms to be found in Fargo’s wardrobe. Take the opportunity to pair clashing prints, pair two bold hues together (think a purple blouse with a red skirt), or embellish classic cuts for a seemingly unique look.
- Reiss black leather pencil skirt
- Reiss red textured a-line skirt
- MSGM white fringe skirt
- Stella McCartney wide leg pants
- Diane von Furstenberg black silk pants
- Diane von Furstenberg white wide leg pants
Dresses and Jumpsuits
Think jumpsuits worn with cropped sweaters for a unique spin, the juxtaposition of leather and fur, portrait or comic book like art as prints, or the simplicity of all white and you get Fargo’s spin on the perfect dress or jumpsuit to suit the occasion.
They are well fitting, effortlessly chic, and highly indicative of that New York cool ethos that can be elusive.
- Diane von Furstenberg black jumpsuit
- Phase Eight black leather dress
- Louise Coleman silk graphic print t-shirt dress
- Chinti and Parker broderie anglaise cotton shirt dress
- Diane von Furstenberg red print dress
Fargo is known for advocating for and favoring well tailored pieces, especially when it comes to a chic winter coat. Consider printed fur pieces for the drama of a Fargo look (like the vest below), asymmetrical cropped sweaters to add a bit of an edge to more classic looks,
- Caterina Gatta floral jacquard cape
- Muubaa black suede jacket
- Adrienne Landau leopard-print fur vest
- Iro black wool coat
While Fargo tends to favor heels when out in public, she does hold an appreciation for lower heels that are much more manageable too.
Consider bold hues (like a lipstick red pump), bold prints (like a leopard print heel), and varying heights (consider an effortlessly worn over-the-knee boot).
- SARTO By Franco Sarto black over the knee boots
- Shoes of Prey red pointed toe pumps
- Tory Burch embellished bow flats
- Sam Edelman black heeled sandals
- Sam Edelman teal spiked heel flats
- Topshop calf hair pum
As mentioned above, accessories are quite dominant when it comes to Fargo’s wardrobe. She doesn’t skimp on bold pieces (such as the multicolored fur scarf below) and will allow them to dominate her looks or pull varying prints together.
- Botkier geometric gold collar necklace
- Marni gold chain drop earrings
- Yves Saint Laurent le rouge lipstick
- Ted Baker rectangular black leather strap watch
- Vivenne Westwood black croc handbag
- Helen Moore black fur scarf
- Charlotte Simone multicolored fur scarf
- Falke soft merino wool tights
- Leopard print calf hair belt
- Kate Spade fan clutch
- Monki lip necklace
Here are 10 capsule wardrobe looks inspired by Linda Fargo
Do you like Linda Fargo’s look? Which of the featured outfits here is your favorite?
Shop the pieces and looks featured in this post here below: