As Rachel from the show Friends, Jennifer Aniston’s hairstyle (known as the Rachel) became one of the most emulated hairstyles of the 90’s. Aniston’s style off-screen, however, has garnered just as much praise for its accessibility.
The value behind Aniston’s look, is that she appears on-trend and chic without attempting to be on-trend or chic.
Every look feels absolutely natural and unforced. Beyond that, she looks put together in the most effortless of ways. In this post, we break down Jennifer Aniston’s girl-next-door glam and put together a wardrobe inspired by her southern Californian style and charm.
So, what does it take to dress like Jennifer Aniston
Simplicity and taste would be the two leading words to describe how to achieve the Jennifer Aniston look. However, don’t let her appreciation for a simple approach to dressing fool you. Aniston is known for getting even her t-shirts tailored.
What she understands is that every piece must fit extremely well to be as flattering as possible.
Furthermore, if you look through numerous photos of her off-camera style, you’ll notice repeats of pieces combined in new ways. Her style is practically a capsule wardrobe waiting to happen.
Building on these two pillars of taste and simplicity, the key to channeling Aniston’s sartorial choices are:
- Working with a very neutral palette: Aniston does not shy away from all black, however, the bronzy take to her hair, golden accessories, and glowing makeup help to keep all black looks from becoming too overpowering.
- Appreciating denim and khakis: Most of her off-screen, streetstyle consists of tailored jeans and khakis that fit incredibly well. She pairs them with everything from leather jackets to longline dusters.
- Golden tones: Part of Aniston’s appeal is how she exudes southern Californian warmth. She opts for bronze and golden tones through her makeup, hair, and accessories.
- Put a hat on it: She loves panamas, fedoras, and wide brim hats. They are extremely flattering on her frame and are an accessory that brings the whole look together.
- Keeping yourself healthy: Aniston has the type of body envied by almost every age group. She is a big advocate of staying healthy, and wearing pieces that flatter her body shape. This confidence shines through whether she has on a pair of jeans or a $10,000 evening gown.
Get inspired by an Aniston capsule wardrobe below.
The Jennifer Aniston wardrobe
- Land’s End black v-neck tee
- The Kooples lace blouse
- Helmut Lang ribbed tank top
- Land’s End white v-neck tee
- Diane von Furstenberg black camisole
- A.P.C. Atelier de Production et de Création’s light-blue shirt
Pants and Shorts
- J Brand black slim leg jeans
- Current/Elliot green cargo trousers
- J Brand khaki pants
- Diesel flared jeans
- Rag & Bone bootcut jeans
- Current/Elliot boyfriend jeans
Dresses and Skirts
- Rebecca Taylor white sleeveless dress
- Reiss off-the-shoulder dress
- Solace London red maxi dress
- L’Agence black dress
- MSGM ruffled skirt
- Elie Tahari pink pencil skirt
Jackets and Sweaters
- Wilsons black leather jacket
- Lauren Ralph Lauren black blazer
- River Island duster
- Winser London cashmere sweater
- Phase Eight ribbed sleeve coat
- Børn riding boots
- BP open toe dress sandal
- Jerusalem Sandals leather sandals
- Halogen wedge sandal
- Converse low top sneakers
- Rockport nude pumps
- Via Spiga black boots
- Brixton straw fedora hat
- Echo navy blue silk scarf
- Nordstrom straw panama hat
- Larsson and Jennings gold watch
- Fossil brown belt
- Panacea chain wrap bracelt
- Lanvin Aviator Sunglasses
- Derek Lam eyeglasses
- BCBG Max Azria lucite box clutch
- Persaman New York brown leather satchel
- Kate Spade fold over bag
- BP woven scarf
- Hinge black wool hat
Here are 9 looks inspired by Jennifer Aniston’s style that you can easily replicate
Shop the looks and pieces featured in this post here below
Are you a fan of Jennifer Aniston’s style?