Fashion, Style & Beauty Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Although you will be able to read all forum content as a guest, posting in this forum requires registration as a member of this site. Membership is free for the use of this forum (premium membership is available at the style course tab). Please note that registration for free membership is now ONLY possible through email subscription, which allows me to send your registration link automatically. Please go to Contact > subscribe and subscribe to the newsletter. Once you have confirmed your email subscription, you will receive a welcome email with your registration link. All current users can login as usual. Just use the login form in the right sidebar.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Multicoloured dress
GreetjeKam-
minga
Post Multicoloured dress
on: September 25, 2012, 03:31

I snapped this dress up for a very reasonable price (in my book).
Now that I have seen the photos I am even more pleased. I think this baby looks really good on me.
I don't like the fact that the pattern does not run all the way from front to back; you can clearly see a different pattern starting at the side seams. But that is to be expected with a low price.
And I tried to get scarf accessories through Etsy.com but my contact suddenly stopped mailing. I cannot find them anywhere in The Netherlands.
Looking for shoes I suddenly remembered I had green ones. Hah, exactly the same colour green as was in the dress.

In the second photo you see surprise with me and with Charlie (the dog). That was because the cat dropped from a tree onto a big plant and nearly fell in the pond. Sensation.

The last photos are a pose trial. Well... the first photo too really.
The first pose I call "the fifties". Have not got a name yet for the sitting down photos. How about "neat"?

http://www.nofearoffashion.com

Sylvia
Post Re: Multicoloured dress
on: September 25, 2012, 12:27

Haha Greetje. You are too funny. Giving your poses names, which frankly is not such a bad idea! That second picture is hilarious. Your first pose is very elegant. I must try it myself. Your sitting poses are very elegant also. A true lady!

But back to more important stuff. Your dress is gorgeous. I love it. Such great colours and a great model for you. Could also be easily worn on pants or leggings in colder weather, so very versatile as well! The shoes are perfect with it.

Tangobabe
Pro
on: September 25, 2012, 14:01

Wow, Greetje, I LOVE this!!!! Agree totally with Sylvia and with your own comments. This dress is so you and so flattering and fun!
Also great poses and well accessorized. Your yellow shoes would go well with it too.

Remember a while ago I showed concern when you showed me your 'ideal' style, which I found way too toned down for you? Well, since then we saw you in dresses like e.g. this one, and the purple polka dot and I am so happy with that. These looks are mature, flattering, feminine AND fun and 'Greetje'.

And that crazy kitten! Splash! Hahaha.....

Marianne
Pro
on: September 25, 2012, 18:51

I love the dress and the way you wrapped your scarf, it looks like a collar. I am goiing to try to copy the last pose with your legs, it looks very elegant and I can use some new sitting down poses.Your dress is right for this time of the year, and the shoes are a perfect match, but how about a handbag, your new yellow one matches with your scarf. I can see in your attitude that this dress suits you in a very comfortable way. Poor Sofie she wouldn't have liked swimming in the pond, and Charlie was in the photo to show her new trim.

GreetjeKam-
minga
on: September 25, 2012, 19:25

Marianne:
I just used a black bag as the yellow bag is a different yellow from the scarf, so cannot be used. Besides, I think it would be too much.
Anja:
the yellow shoes are summer shoes and this dress is for "in between weather". And glad you find my ideal style still "Greetje". I know you were worried that I might lose my madness. Haha, never.....
Sylvia:
I can wear the dress with leggings when it gets colder, but what do I do for warmth in the upper part? Cardigan? And you are right, such a dress is perfect for me. I never used to be able to wear them because they made me too straight. This changed with my new waist, more weight and body shapers. And my bosom fits in it. Hurray. It even makes the dress better looking.

Suzanne
Advanced
on: September 28, 2012, 05:02

This dress is so pretty! I love the colors. When it gets colder try wearing a jacket (like a suit jacket - not outerwear) over it - but you might need to remove the self-tie belt and add one with structure so it does not hang below the hem of the jacket.
Charlie is so cute! I want to give him a big hug. :)

GreetjeKam-
minga
on: September 28, 2012, 14:23

Charlie is a she. My husband wanted to give her a power name....

Suzanne
Advanced
on: September 30, 2012, 03:50

I had a friend named Charlotte who we nicknamed "Charlie" so I totally get it! Your Charlie is a sweetie.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34; Page loaded in: 0.097 seconds.