Fashion, Style & Beauty Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

This style forum has been replaced with a private Facebook forum which is for style course members only. To get access and become a member, just click on the style course button in the right sidebar. Everyone can still browse old posts. I hope to see you in our private forum!

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The floral dress
Tangobabe
Pro
Post The floral dress
on: September 23, 2012, 23:40

Today is the first day since a week of flu that I am feeling a lot better. My husband and I went shopping here in Pune, India, and we both came home with some new stuff.

The dress I am wearing is his choice and gift. I would not have picked it myself. Why? Well, I DO love the colors and dessin; totally up my alley. Actually the model as well, although a bit young and girlie for my age. Only I don't choose for sleeves this short anymore, since about a year or so.

But my husband finds the whole arms and sleeves issue NO issue and since I am happy and thankful for that, I decided to please him and not be bothered (temporarily) either.

The dress comes with the white belt. I would have changed it for a black one today to match the shoes, but my husband preferred it this way.

The black plateau heels are from Pune as well, as are the two pink and crystals bangles and the turquoise earrings.

So in fact a complete new, local outfit.

Tangobabe
Pro
Post Re: The floral dress
on: September 23, 2012, 23:42

Oh, and the pose is a wink towards Sylvia;-)

Greetje
on: September 23, 2012, 23:56

I think about sleeves and "girly" exactly the same as you do. Although you can get away with a bit "girly" a hell of a lot better than I can. Perhaps your husband is right and are we too critical.
Because you look as lovely as can be in this dress, very feminine. Shoes are great. Bangles and earrings very much you and very nice with the dress.
The whole outfit reminds me a little of the fifties I think.
PS My husband just saw this photo and totally agrees with your husband. Not too girly and nothing wrong with your arms. He likes the dress... How about that!

http://www.nofearoffashion.com

Marianne
Pro
on: September 24, 2012, 00:04

I like your whole outfit, it gives me a piece of joy of summer, which we don't have anymore. And I agree with your husband about the white belt, a black one would be too heavy. The earrings and bangles are my cup of tea. I like girly jewelry and it is just you. About the pose.. you didn't lose your balance.

Sylvia
on: September 24, 2012, 11:20

Ha ha so funny Anja. I noticed straight away and was just thinking "She's doing my pose" when I saw your second comment. You do it very well I must say. Very elegant.

Your husband has good taste. This dress suits you like a glove. Very YOU and very flattering. I also tend to agree with him on the arm thing. I think that arms can always be shown, no matter what. I never feel that arms need to be covered up and certainly in your case I can't see any reason why you would.
The shoes are very nice too and I also like the white belt. I think that if you want to wear black, you would need to opt for a much smaller one.

Tangobabe
Pro
on: September 24, 2012, 12:10

Thank you ladies, and Ron;-), for your feedback and compliments! Yes, Sylvia and Marianne, I agree, it would have been a black ribbon then, not a wide belt like the white one.

Suzanne
Advanced
on: September 28, 2012, 05:10

What a pretty outfit! It is so Summery and is styled perfectly. I adore the shoes and the jewelry.
Your hair is very becoming. Every time I see it I wonder if I should grow mine out? Sylvia makes me want to go shorter and you make me want to go longer!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34; Page loaded in: 0.049 seconds.