Fashion, Style & Beauty Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

This style forum has been replaced with a private Facebook forum which is for style course members only. To get access and become a member, just click on the style course button in the right sidebar. Everyone can still browse old posts. I hope to see you in our private forum!

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Grey green baggy trousers, creme top, high heels
Greetje
Post Grey green baggy trousers, creme top, high heels
on: September 16, 2012, 20:14

OK... here are my new baggy trousers again. This time with a creme top and high heels. In snake. Those shoes are actually very comfortable. Which is something that I did not expect.

I think Sylvia, that you will like this outfit better, but those trousers will never meet your approval. I think they are even in your list of things we should not do over 40.
So I broke a rule.

I will also upload some styling failures with these trousers. After all, we learn most of our failures. And if Sylvia is not afraid to show some less succesful photos (in your post "Take my Helen van der Meer bag for an outing"), why should I be?

http://www.nofearoffashion.com

Sylvia
Post Re: Grey green baggy trousers, creme top, high heels
on: September 16, 2012, 20:24

You are right Greetje. I like this outfit much better. You've got your normal height in your legs back as well! And yes, they are in my what not to do 'rules', but I'm all for breaking the rules! I think that 'dressing up' these pants a bit as you do here with your top and your fabulous shoes (!) is the way to go (in my humble opinion of course)

Marianne
Pro
on: September 16, 2012, 22:51

This is the combi you would normally pick, the save choice , the one you can wear to the office . I would love to hide in your handbag, when you would put on the combi with the leather jacket to the office yust to see the faces of the stiff upper lip people in your office. To die for.

Greetje
on: September 17, 2012, 01:48

I had to laugh on your comment. Believe you me, the trousers are enough of a shock without the leather jacket and the sneakers. Although... there are more women who dress shockingly. But that is more the case at the Marketing department than at Advertising (my department).

Katrien-
Kommetjie
on: September 17, 2012, 03:55

Greetje, I don't think anyone would be shocked by anything you would wear, it would just confirm them in their thinking of 'typically Greetje to wear something out of the ordinary and why don't I have the guts to do stuff like that'. He, you even got away with a bunny suit and net stockings. This is definitely a saver combination. Beautiful color combination and great shoes to go with it.

Tangobabe
Pro
on: September 17, 2012, 12:58

Agree with all the ladies above; very pretty and flattering look; this way I even (almost) don't mind the baggy trousers...hahaha

Greetje
on: September 17, 2012, 18:29

Thank you. I like it as well.
(Katrien, had to laugh over your comment... Very funny. But the bunny suit was on stage and 8 years ago. But agreed, it was risky at that time as well. Haha.)

Suzanne
Advanced
on: September 19, 2012, 02:24

I like this combination very much. You need to keep the proportion shorter on top to balance this look.
PS - when you come to live with me - pack those shoes too. :)

Seeker
Advanced
on: September 19, 2012, 03:16

I agree with Marianne, this is the save option.... you look very well put together.
And why not compromise and wear the leather jacket here? (And also try another cropped top)
Those shoes are to die for!!!!

Greetje
on: September 19, 2012, 04:11

I wear the leather jacket as a coat. I used to wear it indoors, but it always made me feel as if I was on my way out. Especially with the scarf.
And Suzanne, will you pay for the extra charges the airline will bill me for luggage over 20 kilos when I come over?

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34; Page loaded in: 0.092 seconds.