Fashion, Style & Beauty Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

This style forum has been replaced with a private Facebook forum which is for style course members only. To get access and become a member, just click on the style course button in the right sidebar. Everyone can still browse old posts. I hope to see you in our private forum!

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Snow animal print
Seeker
Advanced
Post Snow animal print
on: August 31, 2012, 03:37

These days the weather has been awful, rain, fog and lots of humidity yet hot. Great to frieze the hair:(
So I took these photos after arriving home from work. My husband is a dear and take all my pictures.
Today I chose to wear a tank top with a light weight snow animal print blazer. I must say I love blazers. I have quite a few in many colours. I think it's a great piece for a corporate environment as the one I'm in, even in separates. But since we have no air conditioner I tend to wear them when the weather is more appropriated.
Now my questions:
1- Should I have worn a white or yellow tank so the look didn't be so matchy (red shoes/red tank) or the matchy thing is OK since the blazer makes a big statement?
2- I wore the tank over the pants, should I have worn it tucked, as in one of the small pictures, with a belt (I like so much belts that everything is a good excuse to wear one)?
3- Should I have worn a belt over the tank (an excuse)?
4- Should I have rolled a bit the pants to make them more cropped to show the shoes better?
5- Was the necklace a good choice or some short black pearls were better?
Well I already have a lot of questions......
I just noticed that this is the first time I post a picture of me without sunglasses.

Greetje
Post Re: Snow animal print
on: August 31, 2012, 04:40

What lovely eyes you have. Eyes in a really classic beautiful face with a great hairstyle (if you read this Sylvia.... I know, I know, don't get upset. I just like you better with longer hair.)
After all this I will give you my opinion on your questions. Remember it is just an opinion.
1) to me the matchy thing is OK because there is not only a lot going on in the jacket, there is also a third colour in the jacket, the white. So to me, perfect.
2) the tank over the pants gives you far better proportions. I think. And is in line with the length of the jacket. Sorry belt lover.
3) I think a belt over the tank in this outfit would not have been nice. Would have cut you in half.
4) I have no idea whether rolling the pants up would work. I did it last week with my white trousers. The ones I showed on the forum a couple of days ago. And I got as a comment that they were too nice to roll them up. That I should only do that with jeans(type) pants. And I agreed. So I say: no, don't roll them up.
5) necklace. I don't know. Cannot compare it. But this necklace looks really nice so why change a winning team? (oh ... of course .... for the variation.)

In a nutshell.... I have no idea why you are in a depression about your looks. It just confirms my opinion that people do not see their reflection in the mirror but their perception. We, the people on the outside, see a very good looking woman with a terrific sense of dressing. (By the way, my husband agrees with me.)

http://www.nofearoffashion.com

Sylvia
on: August 31, 2012, 12:47

Hi Seeker. This is a very nice outfit that you styled perfectly, but to answer your questions:
1. A bit matchy is not so bad. Don't take this 'rule' too strict. Also, your jewellery is not matching completely, so the outfit is not overly matchy-matchy
2. No I prefer how you have styled it
3. No, I think that there is enough happening in the outfit and your current styling gives you the best (elongating) silhouette
4. I can already see you shoes very well, so definitely no. I would never make pants shorter just to show shoes.
5. I think it's a good choice, because it keeps the look interesting!

Overall a very stylish look and I also agree with everything that Greetje has said above.

Tangobabe
Pro
on: August 31, 2012, 14:10

Hi Seeker, I agree with both ladies above. You did a great job and I would not change a thing.

And since when did 'matchy' become a bad thing?!;-)

If you want to go for a variation, you might try out a different type of necklace. In this case, I think e.g. a longer, white one might be a nice match. Or a silver-colored one. So nothing wrong with the necklace you chose, just ideas for a variation.

Seeker
Advanced
on: September 2, 2012, 00:47

Thank you so much ladies for your kind words and for your answers and support.
You're such a dear Greetje, thanks your husband for me please. And your theory is right.

I agree with you that "matchy" is not a bad thing, sometimes it's even more elegant. But as you already saw I have a "thing" with it since after a long period that I didn't post my outfits in my blog (because my mother passed away and I wore all black for some time) when I returned I had some comments saying that my looks now were too "matchy-matchy". I guess it traumatized me.

Tangobabe
Pro
on: September 2, 2012, 15:28

Hope you can let this trauma go, since your posts show clearly that you have a talent for combining colors!

Seeker
Advanced
on: September 2, 2012, 19:37

Ohhhhh, thanks Anja:)

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34; Page loaded in: 0.054 seconds.