Fashion, Style & Beauty Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Although you will be able to read all forum content as a guest, posting in this forum requires registration as a member of this site. Membership is free for the use of this forum (premium membership is available at the style course tab). Please note that registration for free membership is now ONLY possible through email subscription, which allows me to send your registration link automatically. Please go to Contact > subscribe and subscribe to the newsletter. Once you have confirmed your email subscription, you will receive a welcome email with your registration link. All current users can login as usual. Just use the login form in the right sidebar.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Snow animal print
Seeker
Advanced
Post Snow animal print
on: August 31, 2012, 03:37

These days the weather has been awful, rain, fog and lots of humidity yet hot. Great to frieze the hair:(
So I took these photos after arriving home from work. My husband is a dear and take all my pictures.
Today I chose to wear a tank top with a light weight snow animal print blazer. I must say I love blazers. I have quite a few in many colours. I think it's a great piece for a corporate environment as the one I'm in, even in separates. But since we have no air conditioner I tend to wear them when the weather is more appropriated.
Now my questions:
1- Should I have worn a white or yellow tank so the look didn't be so matchy (red shoes/red tank) or the matchy thing is OK since the blazer makes a big statement?
2- I wore the tank over the pants, should I have worn it tucked, as in one of the small pictures, with a belt (I like so much belts that everything is a good excuse to wear one)?
3- Should I have worn a belt over the tank (an excuse)?
4- Should I have rolled a bit the pants to make them more cropped to show the shoes better?
5- Was the necklace a good choice or some short black pearls were better?
Well I already have a lot of questions......
I just noticed that this is the first time I post a picture of me without sunglasses.

GreetjeKam-
minga
Post Re: Snow animal print
on: August 31, 2012, 04:40

What lovely eyes you have. Eyes in a really classic beautiful face with a great hairstyle (if you read this Sylvia.... I know, I know, don't get upset. I just like you better with longer hair.)
After all this I will give you my opinion on your questions. Remember it is just an opinion.
1) to me the matchy thing is OK because there is not only a lot going on in the jacket, there is also a third colour in the jacket, the white. So to me, perfect.
2) the tank over the pants gives you far better proportions. I think. And is in line with the length of the jacket. Sorry belt lover.
3) I think a belt over the tank in this outfit would not have been nice. Would have cut you in half.
4) I have no idea whether rolling the pants up would work. I did it last week with my white trousers. The ones I showed on the forum a couple of days ago. And I got as a comment that they were too nice to roll them up. That I should only do that with jeans(type) pants. And I agreed. So I say: no, don't roll them up.
5) necklace. I don't know. Cannot compare it. But this necklace looks really nice so why change a winning team? (oh ... of course .... for the variation.)

In a nutshell.... I have no idea why you are in a depression about your looks. It just confirms my opinion that people do not see their reflection in the mirror but their perception. We, the people on the outside, see a very good looking woman with a terrific sense of dressing. (By the way, my husband agrees with me.)

http://www.nofearoffashion.com

Sylvia
on: August 31, 2012, 12:47

Hi Seeker. This is a very nice outfit that you styled perfectly, but to answer your questions:
1. A bit matchy is not so bad. Don't take this 'rule' too strict. Also, your jewellery is not matching completely, so the outfit is not overly matchy-matchy
2. No I prefer how you have styled it
3. No, I think that there is enough happening in the outfit and your current styling gives you the best (elongating) silhouette
4. I can already see you shoes very well, so definitely no. I would never make pants shorter just to show shoes.
5. I think it's a good choice, because it keeps the look interesting!

Overall a very stylish look and I also agree with everything that Greetje has said above.

Tangobabe
Pro
on: August 31, 2012, 14:10

Hi Seeker, I agree with both ladies above. You did a great job and I would not change a thing.

And since when did 'matchy' become a bad thing?!;-)

If you want to go for a variation, you might try out a different type of necklace. In this case, I think e.g. a longer, white one might be a nice match. Or a silver-colored one. So nothing wrong with the necklace you chose, just ideas for a variation.

Seeker
Advanced
on: September 2, 2012, 00:47

Thank you so much ladies for your kind words and for your answers and support.
You're such a dear Greetje, thanks your husband for me please. And your theory is right.

I agree with you that "matchy" is not a bad thing, sometimes it's even more elegant. But as you already saw I have a "thing" with it since after a long period that I didn't post my outfits in my blog (because my mother passed away and I wore all black for some time) when I returned I had some comments saying that my looks now were too "matchy-matchy". I guess it traumatized me.

Tangobabe
Pro
on: September 2, 2012, 15:28

Hope you can let this trauma go, since your posts show clearly that you have a talent for combining colors!

Seeker
Advanced
on: September 2, 2012, 19:37

Ohhhhh, thanks Anja:)

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34; Page loaded in: 0.05 seconds.

Comments on this entry are closed.