Fashion, Style & Beauty Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Although you will be able to read all forum content as a guest, posting in this forum requires registration as a member of this site. Membership is free for the use of this forum (premium membership is available at the style course tab). Please note that registration for free membership is now ONLY possible through email subscription, which allows me to send your registration link automatically. Please go to Contact > subscribe and subscribe to the newsletter. Once you have confirmed your email subscription, you will receive a welcome email with your registration link. All current users can login as usual. Just use the login form in the right sidebar.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Pink boyfriend jeans... need help
GreetjeKam-
minga
Post Pink boyfriend jeans... need help
on: August 30, 2012, 04:06

This is my pink(ish) boyfriend jeans. I know they are supposed to be baggy and nonchalant. But I find this particular one a bit overdone in those areas.
The only combination I can think of, is a black jacket with a striped shirt. Allright I guess, but some more ideas would be welcome.
Remember I want to cover my bum and hips. Or shall I just give them away?

http://www.nofearoffashion.com

Sylvia
Post Re: Pink boyfriend jeans... need help
on: August 30, 2012, 08:10

I actually think you came up with a really good combination for these pants. You dressed them up a bit more which makes them less casual. I like this colour combination.
Other options would be to combine with plain white (of course) and yellow. Although then the look would become a bit sweet. I personally usually prefer coloured pants with neutral colours, as you have done here. Or colourblock with another colour that has the same intensity. In that case you would end up with a complete pastel look, which was a popular trend in summer, but which I personally am not a huge fan of.

Tangobabe
Pro
on: August 30, 2012, 13:30

You have combined it very well, Greetje. You might try also: your coral blouse, your orange top, red, purple, animal print, your white Acne top, your moss green jacket, although it is difficult from a distance to know if those would all work well. You will have to try it out and see for yourself. Bright yellow would be nice too. Do try and tell us the outcome; what worked well and what did not...

GreetjeKam-
minga
on: August 30, 2012, 19:02

Thank you ladies. I will not give them away yet.
Anja:
do I have an orange top? I only know my Max Mara orange sweater with black rim (hmmm .. what a strange combination that will be, but who knows?) and my soft orange Pauw safari jacket.
I will go through your lists ladies. I have an off-white jacket too.
You have given me lots of good ideas. I will upload the outcome in a new topic.

Tangobabe
Pro
on: August 30, 2012, 20:23

I went through your previous posts and thought that there was an orange tshirt or something?

Seeker
Advanced
on: August 31, 2012, 03:06

Those pants are awesome Greetje!!!! Love them, not good for me because of the pocket which gives volume and it's not good for my pear shape, but the lace up detail is just fantastic.
You look elegant and gave the pants a lift, good job.
As for more combinations I guess Sylvia and Anja already told you about. The only one I guess it wasn't mentioned and that I love is pink with brown.

GreetjeKam-
minga
on: August 31, 2012, 04:23

Anja, yes I have a sleeveless top in orange but that is rather tight and ment for wearing underneath something.
Seeker, thank you. Brown is a good option too.
I have to admit that I still think the trousers are so so. But who am I to question you all?

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34; Page loaded in: 0.055 seconds.

Comments on this entry are closed.