Fashion, Style & Beauty Forum

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Although you will be able to read all forum content as a guest, posting in this forum requires registration as a member of this site. Membership is free for the use of this forum (premium membership is available at the style course tab). Please note that registration for free membership is now ONLY possible through email subscription, which allows me to send your registration link automatically. Please go to Contact > subscribe and subscribe to the newsletter. Once you have confirmed your email subscription, you will receive a welcome email with your registration link. All current users can login as usual. Just use the login form in the right sidebar.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Orange trousers
Tangobabe
Pro
Post Orange trousers
on: August 27, 2012, 23:20

Greetje almost begged me to post on the forum as well...hahaha...so here goes.

I have to admit I have to deal with some limitations, being in India for 2 months with only a modest suitcase with clothes. Half of which has already been shown on Sylvia's blog either or the forum. And the other half being "ready-to-throw-away"-clothes, to make space in my suitcase when flying back. Nothing much suitable, in other words;-).

Also about no shoes, no accessories and only one plastic tout. Not really fashionable.

Fortunately my sweet hubby bought me some clothes yesterday. Two quite extravagantly printed pairs of trousers, a silvery metallic top, black strappy platform sandals (not on the pics, but for a next post) and two necklaces and a pair of earrings.

The pictures are also not the best ones, but dear Frits did his best;-).

Will show these trousers (orange, yellow and a hint of black) in another post combined with black.

And, b.t.w. MY hair (as opposed to Sylvia's) is getting longer and longer...hahaha...the pics don't show the back where it is way longer.

Greetje
Post Re: Orange trousers
on: August 27, 2012, 23:43

Oh gosh how wonderful. As well you posting as the outfit itself. This is why we do not criticize much on the blog. As we only post outfits that we have carefully selected. Haha. We are no fools.
I think everything is so right! The top, the necklace, the trousers (and what trousers! Wow, love them) and the shoes. I would wear this in a instant.
Nice posing as well.

Tangobabe
Pro
on: August 28, 2012, 00:40

Tx, dear;-)!

Seeker
Advanced
on: August 28, 2012, 03:09

Gorgeous look and what a great figure you have!
Everything is so well put together, love it all.

Tangobabe
Pro
on: August 28, 2012, 09:49

Thanks, Seeker!;-)

Sylvia
on: August 28, 2012, 12:01

Hi Anja. This definitely fits within your more is more style! I love the pants and the whole combinations looks great on you. So how long will you grow it? You have gorgeous hair for a long hairstyle, so go for it girl!

Tangobabe
Pro
on: August 28, 2012, 12:50

Tx, Syl. ;-)

Good question, about the hair length.

As you may know, I have a childhood frustration about my hair. Having curly hair, my mum always found it best to cut it very, very short in order to get a 'decent' look. Making me look like a boy:-(.

As soon as I was allowed to make my own decisions I never had short hair anymore. A couple of times I reached the length that I have now, but back then, I did not know how to handle this massive mass of curls, neither did the hairdressers, so it always became too much and too heavy.

Nowadays I know how to deal with it (although my quest for The Perfect Hairproducts never ceases), so now I can let it grow.
I love all what you can do with long hair! And I find it feminine and suiting my flowery, happy style.

So as a childhood dream AND as a defiance of the common idea that older women should have short hair, I might let it grow up to my ass...hahaha....

A few weeks ago, however, a good friend told me that I should cut it, because she thinks it is too long. Hmmmm, is she right???

Sylvia
on: August 28, 2012, 12:55

yes, completely understand. As you know I totally disagree with your parents, as your curls are just magnificent and suit you so well. You are also very good at styling your hair. So I really see no reason why you should cut it. But I also don't feel that it needs to be longer. Up to your ass would definitely be too long for me!

Tangobabe
Pro
on: August 28, 2012, 15:53

Thanks for your input, Sylvia. You might well be right. I guess I will get fed up at one point;-)

Marianne
Pro
on: August 28, 2012, 22:35

I like your hubby because he bought you some very nice clothes. The pants could be from Versace, and the silver top and shoes go very well with them. You talk about accessoires, I think you did very well by picking out that chair. I can't wear hair that long, but that's because I have lousy hair, so be proud of your hair, you wouldn't be Anja if you had a different model.

Tangobabe
Pro
on: August 29, 2012, 00:23

Thanks for your feedback, Marianne. The pants did me think of Versace as well!;-). Yes, the chair was a good match, right? Hahaha! And yes. I am very happy with my hair.

Greetje
on: August 29, 2012, 00:48

You have such lovely hair. I could kill for it. Growing it to your bottom would be a bit too much I think. The length it is now, is great. Jealous! Envy. And I know all about childhood hang-ups. We all have them. Some more than others. (My parents were too poor to give me a pram for my doll. And I so much wanted it. So bad, that when I was 17, I bought an old pram, stuffed it with tent, food etc. and went off on holiday with my friend. Who also had a pram. Great means of transportation. Much easier than a backpack. Cured me from my craving. Just in time. Think what could have happened! LOL)

Tangobabe
Pro
on: August 29, 2012, 01:35

Hahaha, great story you shared, Greetje! Thanks, and for the compliments as well.

Sylvia
on: August 29, 2012, 19:01

Yes, such a great story. What a great idea to use prams like that. Wish I thought of that before taking a backpack with tent that was waaaay too heavy!

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34; Page loaded in: 0.08 seconds.

Comments on this entry are closed.